Cannot connect to license server on PC

21021   4   2
1 posts
Hi Everybody,

I was just trying to install the Free Apprentice program on my WinXP PC.
All seems to go fine, but when I want to start ‘Houdini Escape’ it starts to connect to the license server.
In the next window it says ‘Cannot connect to the license server on kwats’ (kwats being my PC name…).

Does anybody have any idea how I could solve this problem??
Lars
330 posts
hi. software firewalls like zonealarm can interfere with the connection. in case that helps
2 posts
Hi,

I'm having the same problem right now - already tried to change settings in the firewall after reading this, but had no luck yet.
I hope I don't have to turn the firewall off completely, don't want to risk leaving computer unprotected.

Any help welcome!

thanks,

elubie.
1632 posts
Hi,

The best thing to do is to start the License Administrator: Start > Programs > Side Effects Software > Houdini 9.x.xxx > Administrative Tools > License Administrator

After it starts, go to View > Diagnostic Information and copy & paste the info here. This will help others to troubleshoot.

Good luck!

Cheers!
steven
2 posts
Thanks for your tip, with the license Administrator I was finally able to solve my problem.
I had installed the public beta for 9.1 a while ago where the license had been expired. I uninstalled everything (I thought) before installing Houdini Apprentice 9.0.794 to get to learn the program.
Unfortunately the license server for the 9.1 wasn't removed by the uninstall as I found out and thus causing problems.
A fresh reinstall where I took care everything was removed before installing did the job.

cheers,

Elubie
  • Quick Links