component builder problem

246   0   0
66 posts
Hello. Ok, so I'm in Solaris, I have an asset - a seaweed asset from Quixel - and I want to build a usd asset out of this. The asset has, in this case, one geo (some other ones have multiple geos), and three texture sets (1k, 2k, 4k). I want to build into the asset multiple shaders, 1k and 2k for karma and for redshift. I wanted to use the component builder for this because I thought that would be the easiest way. Turns out it is hard to get it to work the way I wanted...
I have attached a pdf with images to explain what is going wrong, but the gist of it is this. I thought I had things set up correctly, meaning I have one material library where all the shaders live, and one component material for each variant I want (1k and 2k, karma mtlx and redshift).
In the component output I can set the default component to be a karma material, and they show up. But the redshift materials do not(and, yes, I did switch to the redshift renderer in the viewport). Then, when I try to autofill the material library nothing works any more, and solaris complains that it cannot find paths/materials. If I then manually try to change paths in the component material nodes I can get the karma materials back, but not the redshift ones.
Please look at the pdf. The images should show this better than I can write it.

What am I doing wrong? Should this not be really simple to do? And will things get even more complicated when adding geometry variants as well?

Help is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Dag

Attachments:
component builder issue.pdf (5.4 MB)

• Quick Links